Organizing Committee: Association for education and human rights promotion and Jewish Community Čakovec
– Venue Čakovec 25-27 May 2012
The seminar is intended for teachers of the following subjects: history, religion, ethics, Croatian language, sociology, philosophy psychology and also other programs which include teaching about Holocaust and human rights in general. Target groups are teachers from the area of Medjimurje, Varazdin and Koprivničko-Križevačka County, and other Counties will also be introduced to the program through Ministry of Science, Education and Sports.
- will improve their knowledge on Holocaust and crimes against humanity during the Second World War
- will be made familiar with the Holocaust history on the territory of northwestern Croatia and the history of Jewish communities in this region
- will be made familiar with the current position of the State Israel in the world
- will be trained to apply modern approaches and methods of teaching about the Holocaust.
Also we are negotiating with eminent experts in this field regarding their participation in the seminar. Students of primary and secondary schools will have the opportunity to present their projects on this topic. During the seminar, an occasional philatelic exhibition will be organized.
Friday, May 25, 2012
7:00 p.m. Opening ceremony and welcome speeches
8:00 p.m. Educational movie on the subject
Saturday, May 26, 2012
9:00 a.m. expert lectures and oral presentations (with a regional approach that focuses on northwestern Croatia)
12.00 a.m. Lunch
1:00 p.m. Workshops and examples of projects from elementary and secondary schools (with participation of student projects)
Sunday, May 27, 2012
11:00 a.m. commemoration of the Jews – held for Holocaust victims on Cakovec cemetery
12:00 a.m. Round Table (evaluation of the seminar) and meeting with the Holocaust survivors
1:00 p.m. Lunch for the participants and closing words from Organizing Committee
For the Organizing Committee:
Andrej Pal, M.D.
Miljenko Hajdarović, M.A.